Marine Mammal Research Surveys
Join the Clyde Marine Mammal Project to study marine mammals in their natural environment and help with conservation efforts.
The CMMP will be conducting regular marine mammal surveys throughough the year. We welcome enthusiastic volunteers to join the research project on board our 40ft survey yacht ‘Saorsa’.
- Effort-based distance transect surveys
- Passive acoustic monitoring
- Photographic identification of cetacean, pinnipeds and basking sharks
- Fieldwork sample collection
- Bird surveys
- Leisure and fishing boat survey
- Environmental monitoring
- Marine and plastic debris removal